- Georgetown University, Office of Risk Management (2018-Present)
- In 2018, after years working in the nonprofit sector and at a direct marketing firm that raised money for political and nonprofit organizations, I had a drastic career shift that landed me at Georgetown University’s Office of Risk Management. Since starting here, I worked my way up from an Administrative Assistant to a Risk Analyst… in some ways, I feel I owe some of the upward mobility I had to lessons I learned and skills I gained through my prior work experience. I never thought that direct marketing had anything to do with risk management and insurance but time has certainly changed my mind.
- Omega List Company (2015-2017)
- When I was an undergraduate, I studied economics and English literature. I never thought that my studies in English literature would be explicitly useful in the workplace, but I learned to think differently when I took a job at a direct marketing firm. Here, I found my studies in literature were not just useful, but crucial. The skills I learned in those courses helped me quickly learn how to identify good copywriting and learn just what types of ads would connect best with available list segments.
- Soaring Over Seven Summer Adventure Camp (2015)
- AmeriCorps (2015)
- Toys ‘R Us (2014-2015)
Licences and Certifications
- Insurance Producer, Property and Casualty, Commonwealth of Virginia (2019-Present)
- Notary Public Appointment, Government of the District of Columbia (2019-2024)
- The Direct Marketing Association of Washington (DMAW) List Bazaar (2016)
- The DMAW Bridge Conference (2016)
- The Direct Marketing Association (DMA) Nonprofit Federation NY Conference (2016)
- &Then, The DMA’s Annual Event in L.A. (2016)